Divorce without children

Accomplished Family Attorney Serving New York City and Beyond

divorce without childrenNo one enters a marriage believing that it will end in divorce. When unexpected circumstances result in a breakdown of the relationship, however, it may be difficult for the spouses to settle their subsequent separation and divorce amicably. It may be in the best interest of each spouse to retain separate legal representation, particularly in a contested divorce. New York City divorce lawyer Ingrid Gherman has experience handling a range of family, matrimonial, and divorce cases, extending from complex divorce litigation to non-adversarial mediation. Ms. Gherman recognizes that the circumstances of each divorce are unique and provides a personalized approach to each of her clients, including those pursuing a contested divorce without children.

Navigating a Contested Divorce in New York

When a marriage must end for a couple without children, the most fortunate situation is one in which neither spouse opposes the divorce, and they can agree to a fair settlement of their finances and property.

The parties can come to court with a written settlement agreement resolving important financial matters, including the division and distribution of their property, assets, and debt.

However, an uncontested divorce may not be possible for some couples.

A contested divorce may occur when there are substantial disagreements regarding fundamental aspects of the divorce that cannot be resolved through mediation, collaborative law, or settlement negotiations.

A divorce is contested, for example, if one spouse does not wish to end the marriage, or the spouses disagree as to the legal grounds for the divorce. Even spouses who agree to a no-fault divorce will undergo contested divorce proceedings if they are unable to settle financial issues such as the distribution of marital assets and property.

For divorcing couples without children, child support and custody need not be considered in a separation or divorce settlement agreement.

When an amicable resolution cannot be reached outside court, a judge of the Supreme Court of the State of New York will ultimately decide the issues necessary to complete a contested divorce without children.

These practical concerns may include distributing the parties’ marital assets, determining the amount of debt for which each spouse is responsible, identifying the separate property of each spouse if it is in dispute, determining whether and how much spousal maintenance should be awarded, deciding whether attorney fees and expenses should be granted to one of the spouses, issuing any protection orders, and handling other financial matters.

Generally, contested divorce cases proceed similarly to other civil actions. Financial discovery is exchanged between the parties, and depositions may be taken before trial.

The judge will encourage the parties to negotiate a settlement before the trial, but the outcome of the agreement, if any, is up to the spouses.

If the parties proceed with a trial, they will present evidence and may call witnesses to testify and be subjected to cross-examination by opposing counsel.

If one or both spouses allege that the other is at fault and file legal grounds for the divorce, the judge will hear evidence and make a determination. Since contested divorce proceedings tend to be emotionally and financially draining, extending over months or even years, a matrimonial attorney may recommend exhausting other attempts to settle the case before continuing in court.

Contact an Experienced Divorce Lawyer in New York City

Hiring legal counsel to represent you in a contested divorce without children may help achieve your objectives. Litigation attorney Ingrid Gherman practices family, matrimonial, and divorce law in New York State.

She provides compassionate legal guidance as well as aggressive advocacy in support of her clients. Ms. Gherman can represent residents of Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island, as well as people in Westchester, Rockland, Orange, Nassau, and Suffolk Counties.

Schedule a free consultation with a New York City attorney by completing our online form or calling us at (212) 941-0767.

FAQs: Filing a Divorce without Children

You can file for divorce in Texas if you or your spouse has lived:

  • in Texas for at least the last 6 months, and
  • in the county where you file for divorce for at least the last 90 days.

See Texas Family Code 6.301.

Note for military families: If you are serving in the military or other government service outside of Texas you may still file for divorce in Texas if:

  • Texas has been the home state of either you or your spouse for at least 6 months and
  • the county where you plan to file the divorce has been the home county of either spouse for at least 90 days. 

The same rule applies if you accompanied your spouse who is serving in the military or other government service outside of Texas. If Texas is your home state, time spent outside of Texas with your military spouse counts as time spent in Texas.

See Texas Family Code 6.303.

As long as you meet the residency requirements for divorce, you can get divorced in Texas even if your spouse lives in another state. 

Note: The court must have personal jurisdiction over your out-of-state spouse to include orders in your divorce that impose a personal obligation on your spouse—such as ordering your spouse to pay a debt or pay child support.

The Original Petition for Divorce form includes a list of situations that give the Court personal jurisdiction over an out-of-state spouse. Check any that apply to your case. Talk to a lawyer if none apply or you have questions about personal jurisdiction.

Get information about being a respondent in a divorce here: My spouse filed for divorce.

When you file for divorce, you must usually pay a “filing fee.” If you need to have your spouse served, you must also pay an “issuance fee” and a “service fee.” These fees vary by county. Contact the district clerk’s office in the county where you plan to file for divorce to learn the fees.

If you don’t have enough money to pay the fees, you can ask a judge to waive the fees by completing and filing a Statement of Inability to Afford Payment of Court Costs. Read this short article to learn more: Court Fees & Fee Waivers.

In almost all cases, you must wait at least 60 days before you can finish your divorce.

When counting the 60 days, find the day you filed your Original Petition for Divorce on a calendar, and then count out 60 more days (including weekends and holidays).

If the 60th day falls on a weekend or holiday, go to the next business day.

Note: When counting the 60-day waiting period, don’t count the day you filed your Original Petition for Divorce. Day 1 is the next day.

There are only two exceptions to the 60-day waiting period.

  1. If your spouse has been convicted of or received deferred adjudication for a crime involving family violence against you or a member of your household, the 60-day waiting period is waived.
  2. If you have an active protective order or an active magistrate’s order for emergency protection against your spouse because of family violence during your marriage, the 60-day waiting period is waived.

Note: You can always wait longer than 60 days, but your divorce cannot be finished in fewer than 60 days unless one of these exceptions applies.

Divorce can be a dangerous time. If you are concerned about your safety or the safety of your children, call the National Domestic Violence 24 Hour Hotline at 800-799-SAFE (7233). They can refer you to help in your community.

For legal help, you can also call:2.

For situations involving sexual assault, you can also call:

  • Legal Aid for Survivors of Sexual Assault, 800-991-5153
  • If you are an immigrant, you can also call:
  • In an emergency, call 911.
  • Find out more in the Protection from Violence or Abuse section of this website.

You do not have to have a lawyer to file or respond to a divorce case. However, divorce cases can be complicated and your rights as a parent, your property and your money may be at risk.

Childless and Childfree Marriages and Divorce

Most observers believe that many marital failures have what is termed “masked breakdowns” where the couple keeps up a front “for the sake of the children.”

Some 27 percent of divorces involve no children, but only 9 percent of marriages are childless.

Childless marriages always appear more prone to breakdown, especially if failure results from of a lack of desire for children.

This may reflect the temperament of childless couples and the unwillingness of a responsible couple to have children when they feel their marriage buckling. Absent children, however, there less need to stay together.

Couples without children divorce more often than couples that have at least one child, according to researchers, despite numerous studies that marital happiness nosedives in the first year or two after the birth of a child and sometimes never quite recoups.

The terms childless and childfree carry affective – and in some cases, political – connotations.

Childless refers to people who have no children due to biological problems or genetics, “waiting too long to have a child, a failed relationship, an illness preventing conception, unsuccessful fertility treatments, not finding a suitable partner, or not having the means to raise a child.” People often cannot have the children they may once planned.

Some childless individuals move forward with no children in their lives; others struggle along a path they had not anticipated. For the childless, infertility can be a source of great sorrow. Childfree refers to “people who decided not to bear children. Their lives do not include procreation.

Childhood influences, life satisfaction without kids, the lack of desire, enjoyment of one’s freedom, environmental concerns, financial concerns” – all motivate some people to take a pass on parenthood. The fact remains, whatever the reason, being childfree is a good option for many. For the childfree, the absence of offspring is cause for joy.

Years ago, sociologist Paul H. Jacobson documented that divorce is more frequent among marriages without children: “For couples without children, the divorce rate in 1948 was 15.3 per 1,000. Where one child was present, the estimate rate was 11.6 per 1,000.

Читайте также:  Застосування позовної давності до вимог про поділ майна, що є обьєктом права спільної сумісної власності подружжя

The figure thus continues to decrease, and in families with four or more children, it was 4.6. Altogether, the rate for couples with children was 8.8 per 1,000. In other words, the rate for childless couples was almost double the rate for families with children.

More recently, according to journalist Anneli Rufus, whose number crunching discovered that of the divorced couples in the United States, 66 percent are childless compared with 40 percent who have kids. Evidently, the “absence of children leads to loneliness and weariness.”

On the other hand, others say that marriages without children may be more satisfying to the spouses. “I’ve been tracking the childfree for over 10 years now, and see many, many happily married childfree couples out there,” says Laura Carroll, who blogs at La Vie Childfree and is the author of Families of Two: Interviews with Happily Married Couples Without Children by Choice.

Couples without kids have more time, energy and money to spend on their careers, friends, each other and themselves.

According to recent surveys, one for No Kidding!, an international social group for people without children, and one by Laura S.

Scott, author of Two is Enough: A Couple’s Guide to Living Childless by Choice, couples often decide not to have kids because they want to put their relationship first.

This raises the question why more couples without children end up splitting.

“People assume children are the glue that holds a marriage together, which really isn’t true. Kids are huge stressors,” says Scott. “Despite that, there is a strong motive to stay together. The childfree don’t have that motive so there’s no reason to stay together if it’s not working.”

Says Lori Buckley, a certified sex therapist, “A lot of couples come into my office and the only reason they are working on the relationship is because of the children.”

Absent children, divorce is often easier, legally and financially if not necessarily emotionally. The parties focus on the terms and conditions of property division; no custody issues, no family court, no Parental Alienation Syndrome.

Some states even make it almost a breeze; in Tennessee, for example, couples with children meet higher standards to divorce than those without children.

In Virginia, couples with children face a mandatory waiting period of about a year before they can get a divorce; those without children often have to wait about six months.

“Not all the childfree are intentionally childfree couples,” Scott discovered in her research after talking to hundreds of couples. Many are postponers who delay parenthood. “Sometimes couples delay to the point that fertility problems arise.

“Then the question of ”When should we have kids?’ morphs into ‘Should we have kids?” Scott says, forcing couples to explore other ways to have a baby, such as adoption, surrogates or in vitro fertilization (IVF). That, she says, can be extremely stressful and can lead to a fracture that a couple can’t get past.

In fact, many infertility specialists recommend marital counseling.

Phoenix Divorce Attorney – Divorce Without Children

The following is a chronological list of the case stages as they would usually occur in an Arizona divorce without children.

Some of the case stages may or may not apply in your case, depending on the actions that you or your spouse take during the pendency of your divorce. These “case stages” are designed to provide a general overview of the divorce process in Arizona.

As always, it is highly recommended that you call Cantor Law Group immediately, so that we can provide a free initial office consultation to discuss your individual case.

Table of Contents

Case Stages

Legal Separation

“Legal Separation” can either be temporary or for an unlimited period of time. This is a legal decree which is issued when the Judge determines that there is an irretrievable breakdown of the marriage, or that one spouse desires to live separate and apart from the other spouse.

The benefit of the Legal Separation is that it still leaves open the possibility of “Reconciliation”, and it protects both spouses from the others future debts.

One spouse files an objection to the Legal Separation, it will then be amended to a “Petition for Dissolution” of the marriage and the “Divorce” process begins. A Legal Separation will also resolve”Property Division“, debt issues, and other concerns.

However, the marriage is still intact at the end of the process. The purpose of Legal Separations versus Divorce is normally for religious reasons and to keep alive the hope that one day the marriage may be salvaged.

To learn more, visit our Legal Separation Process page.

Top of the Page

Divorce / Dissolution of Marriage

In Arizona, marriages “Dissolve” after the conclusion of a “Dissolution Proceeding”. This used to be formerly known as a “Divorce”.

“Irretrievably broken/ irreconcilable differences” is the only grounds which are recognized for “Divorce” in Arizona. It is not necessary to find that somebody is “at fault” for the “Dissolution”.

All that is required is that one party wishes to get the Divorce.

An “Uncontested Divorce” is basically one where your spouse does not file a “Response” to the “Petition for Dissolution”. This can either result in a “Default Judgment”, or they may have contacted you and simply entered into a “Consent Decree/Marital Settlement Agreement” without any official fight or “contest” taking place in Court.



Basic Requirements

If a married resident of Arizona has no children, or no children under the age of 19, and wants a divorce, they should have a less complicated procedure.  There won’t be any issues about legal authority, parenting time or child support.

  • When an Arizona resident seeks dissolution of marriage, they must file papers with their County Superior Court if they meet the jurisdictional standards:
  • §  Either party has lived in Arizona for a minimum of 90 days;and
  • §  There are no children under the age of 19, or no children of the marriage and the wife is not and will not become pregnant by the husband during the dissolution proceedings; and
  • §  The marriage was not a ‘Covenant Marriage” ( a marriage in which both parties sign agreements that marriage is for life—they have a separate proceeding for dissolution);and
  • §  The Petitioner believes the marriage cannot be saved; and
  • §  You and your spouse went to Conciliation Court, but it failed to save the marriage, or did not go because the marriage was damaged beyond repair.
  • A Note of Caution

There can be many twists and turns to dissolution of a marriage.

  The Petitioner ( spouse seeking an end to the marriage) has met the requirements, filed a Petition for Dissolution, which includes a notice to creditors of the spouses, and a notice to convert health insurance, with the court, and served respondent ( the other spouse), but the process is only beginning.  Once service is perfected, the respondent has 20 days to reply to the petition if they live in Arizona, and 30 days if they reside outside the state.

  1. Respondent’s Responsibilities
  2. Once a spouse receives the divorce petition, they have three options:
  3. §  Serve a response which agrees with the petition ( uncontested divorce);or
  4. §  Serve a response which disputes part or all of the petition ( contested divorce):or

§  Ignore the Petition, and be held in default.  Not a good idea, since it leaves the petitioner the option of getting a dissolution by default.

Contested Divorces

When the respondent files a reply which disputes claims made by the petitioner, a bench trial (a judge, no jury) will be held to resolve those disagreements.  Remember, this is a divorce without children, so the court won’t have to determine child support or parenting rights.

Before the bench trial is held, the parties must engage in Discovery.  They are granted time to find and produce relevant documents—evidence about the disputed claims.

  During the discovery process, the lawyers for both parties may hold negotiations to resolve the disputes.  If they succeed, they may give the written agreement to the court, and it will become part of the dissolution decree.

  Should they fail, the court will hear evidence, and give a verdict on the dispute.

The End of the Line

Once the court has been given an agreement between the parties or has settled all the division of property and spousal support, it gives a judgment which includes the decree of dissolution.  The marriage no longer exists.


1 DIVORCE WITHOUT CHILDREN For Petitioner Only To File for Divorce in a Non-Covenant Marriage Without Minor Children Part 1: FORMS Superior Court of Arizona in Maricopa County DRDA1f

2 SELF-SERVICE CENTER PETITION AND PAPERS FOR DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE — (DIVORCE) WITHOUT MINOR CHILDREN CHECKLIST Use the forms and instructions in this packet ONLY if the following factors apply to your situation: You want to file a petition for divorce AND, You do not have a covenant marriage, or since you were married you have not agreed to change your marriage to a covenant marriage (These papers will not work for a covenant marriage).* *What is a Covenant Marriage? As of August 21, 1998, the Arizona Legislature created a new type of marriage called covenant marriage. To have a covenant marriage, both husband and wife would have had to: 1. sign papers requesting to have a covenant marriage; 2. attend pre-marital counseling; AND 3. your marriage license would say Covenant Marriage. If you were married before August 21, 1998 and have not signed papers to convert your marriage to a covenant marriage, you do not have a covenant marriage. If you still have questions about whether you have a covenant marriage, see a lawyer for help. You and your spouse have no minor children with each other AND the wife is not pregnant by the husband or will not be pregnant by the husband before the divorce is over, AND You or your spouse have lived in Arizona at least 90 days before you file the Petition, or one of you is a member of the armed forces and has been stationed in Arizona at least 90 days before you file, AND You believe that the marriage is irretrievably broken (you and your spouse cannot make the marriage work) AND You or your spouse have either tried to resolve your problems through Conciliation Court, or there is no point in trying to resolve your problems because the marriage is irretrievably broken. READ ME: Consulting a lawyer before filing documents with the court may help prevent unexpected results. A list of lawyers you may hire to advise you on handling your own case or to perform specific tasks, as well as a list of court-approved mediators can be found on the Self- Service Center website at Superior Court of Arizona in Maricopa County DRDA1k Page 1 of 1

Читайте также:  Укладення кредитного договору: особливості, нюанси, недійсність договору.

3 SELF-SERVICE CENTER DIVORCE WITHOUT MINOR CHILDREN FOR PETITIONER ONLY PART 1 — FORMS: PETITION AND FIRST COURT PAPERS This packet contains court forms for filing for divorce ( dissolution ) of a non-covenant marriage when there are no minor children common to the parties. Items listed below in BOLD are forms that you will need to file with the Court.

Do not copy or file non-bold pages! Order File Number Title # pages 1 DRDA1k Checklist: You may use these forms if DRDA1ft Table of forms in this packet 1 3 DRSDS10f-A Family Court / Sensitive Data Coversheet Without Children (*no copies necessary) 4 DR11f Summons 2 5 DR14f Preliminary Injunction DRDA10f Petition for Dissolution of a Non-Covenant Marriage (Divorce) — Without Minor Children 5 7 DRD16f Notice of Right to Convert Health Insurance 1 8 DR16f Notice Regarding Creditors 2 *No copies required. File original only. Do not serve on other party. The documents you have received are copyrighted by the Superior Court of Arizona in Maricopa County. You have permission to use them for any lawful purpose. These forms shall not be used to engage in the unauthorized practice of law. The Court assumes no responsibility and accepts no liability for actions taken by users of these documents, including reliance on their contents. The documents are under continual revision and are current only for the day they were received. It is strongly recommended that you verify on a regular basis that you have the most current documents. Superior Court of Arizona in Maricopa County April 24, 2010 Page 1 of 1 DRDA1ft Use current version

4 Name: Representing: Self Petitioner Respondent (If Attorney) State Bar Number: SUPERIOR COURT OF ARIZONA IN MARICOPA COUNTY Case No. Petitioner ATLAS No. FOR CLERK S USE ONLY Respondent FAMILY COURT /SENSITIVE DATA COVERSHEET WITHOUT CHILDREN (CONFIDENTIAL RECORD) Fill out. File with Clerk of Court.

Social Security Numbers should appear on this form only and should be omitted from other court forms. Access Confidential pursuant to ARFLAP 43(G)(1). A.

Personal Information: Petitioner Respondent Name Gender Male or Female Male or Female Date of Birth (Month/Day/Year) Social Security Number WARNING: DO NOT INCLUDE MAILING ADDRESS ON THIS FORM IF REQUESTING ADDRESS PROTECTION Mailing Address City, State, Zip Code Contact Phone Address Current Employer Name Employer Address Employer City, State, Zip Code Employer Telephone Number Employer Fax Number B. Type of Case being filed — Check only one category. *Check only if no other category applies Dissolution (Divorce) Legal Separation Annulment Order of Protection Other* Interpreter Needed: Yes No If yes, what language(s)? Superior Court of Arizona in Maricopa County DRSDS10f-A Page 1 of 1

5 Name of Person Filing: Your Address: Your City, State, Zip Code: Your Telephone Number: ATLAS Number (if applicable): Attorney Bar Number (if applicable): Representing: Self (Without an Attorney) Or Attorney for Petitioner Respondent For Clerk s Use Only SUPERIOR COURT OF ARIZONA MARICOPA COUNTY Name of Petitioner And Case No.

: SUMMONS Name of Respondent WARNING: This is an official document from the court that affects your rights. Read this carefully. If you do not understand it, contact a lawyer for help. FROM THE STATE OF ARIZONA TO: Name of Respondent 1. A lawsuit has been filed against you. A copy of the lawsuit and other court papers are served on you with this Summons. 2.

If you do not want a judgment or order taken against you without your input, you must file an Answer or a Response in writing with the court, and pay the filing fee. If you do not file an Answer or Response the other party may be given the relief requested in his/her Petition or Complaint.

To file your Answer or Response take, or send, the Answer or Response to the Office of the Clerk of the Superior Court, 201 West Jefferson Street, Phoenix, Arizona or Office of the Clerk of the Superior Court, North 40 th Street, Phoenix, Arizona OR Office of the Clerk of Superior Court, 222 East Javelina Drive, Mesa, Arizona or Office of the Clerk of Superior Court, West Tierra Buena Lane, Surprise, Arizona, Mail a copy of your Response or Answer to the other party at the address listed on the top of this Summons. 3. If this Summons and the other court papers were served on you by a registered process server or the Sheriff, within the State of Arizona, your Response or Answer must be filed within TWENTY (20) CALENDAR DAYS from the date you were served, not counting the day you were served. If this Summons and the other papers were served on you by a registered process server or the Sheriff outside the State of Arizona, your Response must be filed within THIRTY (30) CALENDAR DAYS from the date you were served, not counting the day you were served. Service by a registered process server or the Sheriff is complete when made. Service by Publication is complete thirty (30) days after the date of the first publication. Superior Court of Arizona in Maricopa County DR11f Page 1 of 2 SUM

Divorce Algorithm If There Are No Children | How to divorce without children through court, registry office

In this article, I want to consider the issue of divorce in Ukraine through the registry office without a court case, if you do not have common minor children.

Divorce through the registry office is possible subject to two basic conditions:

  • you must not have common minor children (divorce without children);
  • there must be the consent of both spouses to divorce (divorce by mutual consent).

Filing for divorce in Ukraine

In order to apply for a divorce, you and your second spouse need to appear at the registry office at the place of residence of one of the spouses.

This must be a joint divorce statement.

How to file for divorce online in Ukraine

In addition to the joint application and personal participation in the registry office, there is now such an opportunity as to apply for divorce online. To do this, you need to go to the portal of the Ministry of Justice and fill out an application form.

I will tell you more about how to file a divorce online in Ukraine at the end of the article, so be sure to read it to the end.

How long does the procedure for divorce through the registry office take in Ukraine

The divorce procedure through the registry office takes only one month. After this period, you and your spouse need to come at the appointed time and date for state registration of divorce.

This month is given to the spouses to make the final decision on whether to get divorced.

If the spouse or one of the spouses changes their decision regarding the divorce, then the divorce proceedings can be canceled and, accordingly, the spouses can be reconciled.

Confirmation of the dissolution of a marriage between spouses is the corresponding document – a divorce certificate.

Now a divorce certificate is issued through the registry office.

Divorce without the consent of one of the spouses in Ukraine

If one of the spouses does not agree to divorce or does not want to come at the appointed time and date to receive a certificate of divorce, then the initiator, that is, the one who wants to dissolve the marriage, must go to court and dissolve the marriage in court.

If you cannot be present at the time and date that are assigned to you for obtaining a certificate of divorce, then you can report this to the registry office and, accordingly, postpone this meeting to another time convenient for you. But there are times when one of the spouses has left Ukraine.

Then, in order not to wait for him to return, you can submit an appropriate notarized statement to the registry office and receive a divorce certificate without the presence of one of the spouses.

What documents are needed for a divorce through the registry office in Ukraine

For a divorce through the registry office, you need to submit the following documents:

  • joint application of the spouses for divorce;
  • original marriage certificate;
  • receipt of payment of the administrative fee.

Well, let’s not forget that each of the spouses in the registry office must have a passport with them.

Divorce – legal assistance in Ukraine

Many clients, before contacting a divorce lawyer, ask themselves the question – is it necessary to contact a lawyer or a divorce lawyer to resolve the divorce case?

Of course, you can dissolve a marriage without involving a specialist – a family divorce lawyer. Most often, you can divorce yourself by filing a divorce through the registry office or online divorce. This procedure is quite simple and does not require special legal knowledge.

However, practice shows that cases of divorce are often accompanied by disputes and conflicts.

So, for example, one of the spouses may be against divorce, or questions have arisen regarding the division of the spouses’ property.

Also, a common problem in divorce is resolving the issue of children – determining the child’s place of residence, the procedure for communication, meetings with the child of one of the parents who will live separately, it is also advisable to conclude an agreement between the parents on the payment of alimony.

Читайте также:  Право на вибір прізвища при реєстрації шлюбу

In such cases, it is better to involve a good divorce lawyer to settle the relationship between the spouses and to implement the decision of the case in a legal way.

Of course, if you cannot reach an agreement on divorce, recovery of alimony, division of property and other controversial issues, then a lawyer will help you in these matters. He makes his subjective contribution to this situation and tries to resolve it from the outside, helping people find mutual understanding and direct the situation in the right direction.

For divorce through the registry office, you will need to pay an administrative fee and, as I said, attach a receipt for its payment.

At the moment, the administrative fee for divorce through the registry office is 8 UAH 50 kopecks.

How to get a divorce online in Ukraine

One of the most popular questions is – is it possible to get a divorce online in Ukraine?

Online divorce in Ukraine represents three points:

  • You can make an online appointment with the registry office;
  • You can ask online a question about divorce;
  • You can apply for divorce online from the comfort of your home.

In order to apply for divorce online, you need to have an electronic digital signature.

But after you applied for divorce online, on the second day you will receive a message about the date and time when you need to come to the registry office with the second spouse and receive a divorce certificate.

Thus, submitting an online application for divorce does not relieve spouses of the need to come to the registry office and obtain a divorce certificate.

In any case, you and your significant other must come together at the appointed time to receive a certificate.

Now you know that when you apply online, you still have to go to the registry office to get a certificate.

If you have any questions or need advice, call or write to any messenger (Viber, Whatsapp, Telegram). Our lawyers will advise you online.

Do not delay the divorce online, contact our law firm advokat-family.com.ua and our lawyers will help you resolve issues in the field of family law – file a divorce without registration, divorce, being abroad, get a duplicate divorce certificate.

Frequently asked questions to a lawyer in Ukraine

What do you need to dissolve a marriage at the registry office? The consent of both spouses and the absence of common children are required. How long does the divorce procedure take through the registry office? The divorce procedure through the registry office takes 1 month.

After it passes, the spouses need to come at the set time and date to register the divorce. The divorce procedure through the registry office takes 1 month. After it passes, the spouses need to come at the set time and date to register the divorce.

If one of the spouses does not agree to divorce or does not want to come at the specified time and date to obtain a certificate of divorce, then the initiator, that is, the one who wants to dissolve the marriage, must go to court and dissolve the marriage in court.

Useful site materials advokat-family.com.ua:

How to handle divorce without harming children

And is that … Who gets married to divorce?

NOBODY … it's total madness. We get married with the idea that we are for life, that we love each other forever, a companion of life that comes in a complementary way that we lack, with whom we form the family, and we will see growth » herd» . All this is always in ideal conditions, in the style of the old school, as this is not always the case.

In short, there are many reasons for divorce, and that is not the only issue. This is a very important case in which the fruit of that frantic love that arose and that led you to believe that that person was the love of your life, a fruit arose, a sprout, that new being that will keep you connected for the rest of their life.

I am a divorced woman, I did it when my daughter was 7 years old I must admit that it was very hard. It was one of the biggest challenges I had to face in my life.

Do not extrapolate the problems of a couple to your children, friends, work is a titanic task. And above all to the children, who are there in the same house day by day and who, smaller than reality, are radiating them.

Each head is a world, and there are many ways to react to this situation, the important thing is that the child can not understand, but will not be involved as much as he is. guilty of the matter.

If the child asks questions, he responds in a controlled and mature manner.

Among other recommendations and considerations, I reflect the following:

Do not argue in front of the child or touch inappropriate topics

This is obviously wrong, because in the midst of rage and anger can be said a number of barbarities that the child does not need to hear.

Do not speak ill of each other to the child

The mom is the mom, and the dad is the dad. This is more common than it seems, I do not know that they win by reproaching the father's son, as if the child was to blame for the mistakes of the adults. DO NOT DO THIS, your children will thank you.

Do not talk with family and friends about the matter in front of the child

When talking with friends and family, we may feel even more confident than with our own partner, so we can say things that are WORSE to the same person involved, so we avoid children being present. If they want to let off steam, be away from the son.

Talk directly with the child about what is happening at home

It will be more shocking for the child to wake up one day and simply not see his dad / mom. Being prudent when talking with him is important.

Under no circumstances make the child understand that he is guilty of separation

In some cases, the couple's problems begin with the arrival of the baby and that obviously get worse over time until its end. Although this is the reason, it is not necessary to make the child feel guilty with unhealthy and inappropriate comments.

  • And above all, fill the child with love, much love from the parties involved.

Maryland Mutual Consent Divorce with or Without Children – MDFamilyLawyer.com

  1. Start your Maryland Mutual Consent Divorce With or Without Children.

Do you qualify for a Maryland Mutual Consent Divorce? Take our online quiz.

Click on the divorce documents option you need to register and access the secure online questionnaire(s).

You may save your answers and return later. When you’re ready to move forward, simply pay by credit card and submit the questionnaire for attorney review. Your document purchase will include as much legal advice as you need for the preparation of your documents.

  • Use our Online Alimony Quiz to see if you have a right to alimony (spousal support).
  • We will review all of your submitted information to make sure your documents are correct, provide you with legal advice pertaining to your divorce, and provide you with detailed filing instructions.
  • There is no one-year waiting period for an uncontested divorce — if you meet the new qualifications for a “Mutual Consent Divorce in Maryland“,  effective October 1, 2015, and now includes parties with minor children as of October 1, 2018.

Qualifications for a “Mutual Consent Divorce in Maryland”

Effective October 1, 2015, Maryland has a new kind of no-fault, uncontested divorce called a “Mutual Consent Divorce”.  This divorce is filed under the ground of mutual consent. This kind of divorce is also called an “Absolute Divorce” and is the same legal, final divorce that has always been authorized by Maryland law.

Now as of October 1, 2018: When enacted in 2015, the new ground of mutual consent did not apply to parties with minor children. Divorcing couples who have minor or dependent children can now take advantage of a Mutual Consent Divorce. This means that you don’t have to live separate and apart for a one-year period before filing for divorce.

Because you don’t have to wait for the 12 month separation period you can move on with your life, without incurring the expense of having to live separate and apart – even with minor or dependent children.

One or both parties must still be a current resident of Maryland and have been a legal resident of Maryland for at least the six month period immediately prior to filing.

However, to qualify for a Mutual Consent Divorce (with or without children) you must enter into a written Marital Separation Agreement (signed by both parties in front of a Notary, prior to filing the divorce). The written Agreement must cover all of the following issues:

  • Full disclosure about the handling of alimony or spousal support
  • Agreement with regard to division of all property and marital assets (and debt)
  • Full details related to the minor or dependent children, including child support. A completed worksheet for child support guidelines will need to be attached to Marital Separation Agreement.
  • There must be no disagreement between the parties as to the issues and neither party can ask the Court to set aside the Marital Separation Agreement.

New Requirement for Parties with Minor Children

As of January 1, 2020, Maryland requires that all divorcing parties with minor or dependent children in common create and execute (sign) a Parenting Plan

Ссылка на основную публикацию